Smart locks offer homeowners flexibility and security. With smart locks, you can secure your doors remotely and allow you access to your house through your mobile phone without your keys.
In this article, we’ve compiled the best smart locks to help you wade through numerous options available. These top smart locks will help make your home smarter and more secure than ever.
Table of Contents
- 1. August Smart Locks
- 2. Hornbill Smart Locks
- 3. Samsung SHS-3321 Digital Door Lock
- 4. Kwikset – Kevo 99250-202 Smart Lock
- 5. Schlage Z-Wave Connect smart lock
- 6. Nest Yale Connect Smart Lock
- 7. Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro + Wi-Fi Bridge
- 8. Lockly Secure Plus
- 9. Regale Smart Lock
- 10. Oaks Smart Lock 2
- Wrappping It Up
August Smart Locks’ simple design makes them the easiest to use of the popular smart locks. They work with existing deadbolts and reduce the stress of having to install a new deadbolt.
Additionally, August Smart Locks are compatible with utilities such as Bluetooth and Google Assistant. As such, it is convenient for users to install them on their smartphones.
- Easy to use – they have simple designs and can be installed under 10 minutes.
- Saves money – you don’t need to purchase new deadbolts. More so, they are compatible with a wide range of standard deadbolts.
- Weak batteries – August Smart Locks’ batteries often need replacement every few weeks
- Facial recognition issues – The faceplates on the Smart Lock fall off, and that locks owners out of their homes.
Hornbill smart locks are the most stylish of the top draw smart locks. It comes with a sleek and appealing appearance.
Another essential feature is the multiple security options Hornbill’s smart locks provide. Some of these security options include keyless entry and Bluetooth door lock.
- Comfort – Hornbill’s Smart Locks support a full Wi-Fi connection and can be controlled electronically.
- Physical appeal – the designs are smart and beautiful, so much so, it adds to the overall appeal of its owner’s home.
- Easily install – you only need a screwdriver to install the smart lock.
- Costly to manage – for Wi-Fi control and access, owners often accrue avoidable expenses.
- Sophisticated App – due to its many features, the app is a bit complex. For that reason, most homeowners struggle with the app.
Samsung SHS-3321 has a simple design. Nonetheless, the built is strong. It is one of the few smart locks from trusted brands.
Furthermore, Samsung SHS-3321 has a functional alarm system for cases of fire and tamper. Also, it has a double security system that is compatible with both the key card and password.
- Durability – Its rugged feel ensures that it lasts long, and that can save you money.
- Enhanced security – It features a fire and tamper alarm system. Besides, it works with both Key card and password to provide excellent protection for your home.
- Difficult to use – its instructions are somewhat confusing. As a result, it is difficult to install.
- Low physical appeal – it lacks the modern design and beauty that can be found in other smart locks.
Kwikset smart lock works just like the August smart lock. It is compatible with standard deadbolts and a wide range of home control technologies.
With Kevo 99250-202, you can generate up to 30 access codes to meet the varying needs of homeowners.
- Reliable – it is a product of a trusted brand in Kwikset. As such, its connection is secured.
- Multiple e-keys – you can create up to 30 e-keys (access codes) at no extra charge.
- Software updates – the size of its update is large; it takes time to download.
Schlage is a top and trusted smart lock brand, and they have been in the business of producing smart locks for little below a century.
More importantly, Schlage adapts the latest smart technologies and trusted security models into their smart locks. In the case of Z-Wave Connect smart lock, it uses a wave technology that works with several devices.
- Easy to install – its installation is as plain as installing conventional locks.
- Friendly customer service – when issues or questions arise, the customer relations are always available and helpful.
- Costly – it sells for quite a bit on Amazon (check latest sale price), and that is quite pricey. If your doors are larger than a standard size, you will need additional hardware – extra cost.
Nest Yale supports numerous smart home technologies such as Alexa, Google Home, HomeKit, and SmartThings. With Yale Nest, you can lock and unlock your door wherever you are.
You can also give close friends and family your passcode, instead of a key. What’s more, the Nest Yale Connect smart lock replaces your current deadbolt within minutes. You only need a screwdriver.
- Physical appeal – It has simple and attractive designs that can boost the general appeal of your home.
- East to install – The installation is simple. It will take below 30 minutes to install on a standard wood.
- Touch screen inadequacies – the touch screen system sometimes jam, and will require several touches before it responds.
Ultraloq U-bolt Pro + Wi-Fi Bridge is a smart lock that offers several accessibility options for locks. It lets you unlock your door with options such as:
- Mobile app
- Voice command
What’s more, it features an exterior and interior escutcheon, a mounting screw, a deadbolt assembly, a plug-in Wi-Fi bridge, and 4 AA batteries.
- Multifaceted accessibility options – can be accessed using different means.
- Compatibility with smart home technologies – it works with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Its magic shake feature isn’t particularly useful
- It doesn’t support Apple HomeKit
In terms of smart locks with fingerprint technologies, Lockly Secure Plus is the best. Besides, its fingerprint option also serves as an additional layer of security for homeowners.
- Security – it offers the option to secure locks with keypad access and fingerprints. As such, it ensures homeowners feel secure in their homes.
- Costly – It is a bit costlier than the other brands we mentioned (check latest sale price). It has no in-built support for smart home technologies. You have to spend an extra $70 to connect Google Assistant or Alexa.
Regale smart locks operate in similar ways as August smart locks. They are compatible with numerous standard deadbolts.
More importantly, they have an easy DIY installation and set up. All a homeowner need is a screwdriver and 15 minutes to spare.
- Easy installation – it is easy to operate and takes little time to install.
- Smart access sharing – it enables you to create customized temporary access rights for friends and family.
- Costly – Even though not quite as expensive, it still puts a dent into your wallet (see latest sale price), and there will be extra charges for real-time notifications.
Oaks Smart Lock 2 has an amazing four different ways of access. With this lock, you can access your door via:
- Numerical codes
- Keychain/wristband Fob
- Smart Phone App E-key
- Physical Keys
Furthermore, Oaks Smart Lock 2 offers code flexibility. Homeowners can generate five different types of codes to meet their varying access needs.
- Attractive – it has a sleek and modernized design that makes your door beautiful.
- Real-time entry logs – homeowners can easily monitor who comes in and out of their homes.
- No in-built support for other smart home technologies such as Alexa and Google Assistant.
Wrappping It Up
Depending on your budget and varied need, any of the smart locks listed above will come in handy. Remember to compare the pros and cons before choosing the best smart lock for your home.