The smart home lights are useful for many reasons. First, they use less energy than regular CFL and halogen light bulbs. Second, you can connect the lights to your home network and control them via your Smartphone.
That said, there several options available, so before you settle on a specific brand, take a look at some of the the best smart home lights we’ve reviewed.
Table of Contents
Enjoy great lighting in your home with the Phillips hue white or colored smart bulb. This bulb is durable, easy to use, and can be controlled remotely.
- The Phillips hue bulb is excellent for beginners
- It comes with a set of easy-to-understand instructions, so it shouldn’t take long to set up.
- You can create timers that control the light even when you aren’t at home. It is energy certified and made from safe materials.
- It has a lifespan of 22 years.
- The Philips hue bulb cannot connect to some Amazon devices.
This highly affordable smart bulb made by Anker and Eufy is exceptional. You can control your lighting from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection. What’s more, you can always connect to Alexa and Google assistant whenever you are at home.
- The Anker Eufy Lumos smart bulb is highly energy efficient.
- It uses 9W to power a glow as bright as a 60W bulb.
- It can be controlled from a remote location as long as you have an internet connection.
- With Eufy, you can always have lighting that suits your mood. Whether dim for a romantic dinner or bright for reading, this smart bulb has a great luminescence range.
- It works perfectly well with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- The process of setting up the smart bulb and linking it to Amazon’s Alexa is complex.
Feel at home with this smart bulb by setting the lighting tone of your home even before you get home. You can control the flux Wi-Fi smart bulb from your Smartphone no matter where you are. All you need is an internet connection to make it happen. Sync your music with your bulb to make a club out of your home. With 20,000 hours of life, you can dance until the sun comes up.
- The bulb is easy and efficient in usage
- It can be controlled by voice through Alexa, IFTTT, and Google Assistant. It can be controlled from a different location using a Smartphone.
- It has a lifetime of 20,000 hours and 80% energy efficiency.
- As good as it is with colors, it doesn’t express specific colors well.
Enjoy a wide variety of light ranges from bright to dim with this smart bulb. Control your bulb via the Smart life app or through Alexa. Don’t limit your colors and scene choices. with 8 scene options and 16 million colors, there are enough effects to satisfy you.
- You can control it with voice commands using Alexa, Google Assistant, Echo, Google Home, and IFTTT.
- You can use the Smart life app to control all your smart bulbs at the same time.
- The lights would be better if they were brighter.
The LIFX smart bulb is one of the best smart home lights available – all thanks to its automated lighting feature.
- Day and night lighting is automated and changes based on the rise and fall of the sun within the day.
- It is simple to use and easy to control via voice commands.
- This smart bulb is also energy efficient.
- It takes a while for the bulb to connect to any other device, app, or home assistant.
The Sengled smart Wi-Fi smart bulb is affordable and durable.
- It has several scenes to help you achieve the perfect lighting for multiple scenes.
- You can easily control the app from a different location using the Singled app and from Amazon’s Alexa.
- It takes a while before it connects with Alexa.
The Teckin RBG smart bulb would make a great addition to your home. You can control it remotely using the Smart life app or voice-controlled using Alexa.
- Remotely control your bulb using the Smart life app.
- It is energy efficient and has a long lifespan of 30,000 years.
- You can have access to over 16 million colors.
- Sometimes, it has pairing problems.
The TP-link Kasa smart light bulb is an affordable smart home light, and you can’t go wrong if you get it.
- This smart bulb has a wide range of colors for different occasions.
- You can pick a different color for each activity.
- Voice and app control is smooth on this smart bulb.
- The lights are bright and great for reading.
- You can’t create various customized effects by using any of the 10 preset effects. The transition from one light to another isn’t as fluid as it should be.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly smart bulb, this one is for you. It has everything you need at the perfect price.
- Enjoy hand-free control with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- You can control your bulb in a group or singly when you’re out by using your smartphone.
- It let your smart bulb learn your daily routine by automating it with your daily timers and schedule.
- The app is difficult to use.
10. Wyze Bulb
The Wyze smart bulb lives up to its name. One of Wyze’s best features is that it controls lights based on how your door moves.
- It can be voice-controlled using Amazon’s Alexa and Google assistant. You can also control all bulbs using a master button on the app.
- Wyze smart bulbs can detect when you’re coming in or going out by automating the lights when doors open and close.
- The bulbs don’t connect quickly to the home support.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do smart bulbs work without Wi-Fi?
Yes, they do work without Wi-Fi. The drawback, however, is that you wouldn’t be able to control it remotely.
2. Do smart Bulbs work in any light fixture?
Of course. You can make any light fixture in your house smart by replacing your regular bulb with a smart one.
3. Do smart bulbs use electricity?
Yes, smart bulbs use electricity, but the amount is so minimal, it wouldn’t even show up on your monthly electricity bills.
4. Are smart bulbs worth it?
Yes, they are. They are highly energy-efficient as well as smart and automated.